The Bookstore currently uses the circa 1954 mascot image of Marcus & Narcissa Whitman on clothing and insignia items that we sell. While we will certainly continue to offer the classic logo on our products, we would also like to add an innovative, contemporary design to our array of choices.
To this end, we are pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Juried T-shirt Design Contest
- We are accepting open submissions for an alternative design for the Whitman College Mascot.
- The contest is open to all current students.
- Selections will be publicly displayed.
- The winner will be by popular vote.
The winning design will be placed on a T-shirt to be sold in the Bookstore on campus, and the artist will receive a semester's worth of free textbooks*.
Stop by the Bookstore to see our T-shirts with last year's winning design by Michael Hanley.
Deadline for submission is 11:59:59pm, January 31, 2010
Please stop by the Bookstore for an entry form & complete contest rules.
* based on actual purchases from the Whitman College Bookstore up to $500