Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"My instinct about painting says, 'if you don't think about it, it's right.' As soon as you have to decide and choose, it's wrong. And the more you decide about, the more wrong it gets." -Andy Warhol.

I like this quote because I can definitely relate to it. I have found in my paintings so far that my best work is produced when I am doing the least amount of critical decision making during the process. I feel like the exercise we did in class where we all contributed to other people's paintings produced some of the coolest and most interesting works that we have done yet, and they were all basically done as just random reactions

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I really like this quote too! I definitely agree that when I think too much, things get worse. I think it is super important to remember to let go of the worry of decisions and just paint!
Nice quote!