Sunday, September 20, 2009


I just really wanted to share this awesome piece with you guys! Some of you might recognize this from outside Coffee Perk Cafe in downtown Walla Walla. This is the third or fourth time I've seen it and every time I do, I am more inspired than the last. Stenciling has a special place in my heart and I have always enjoyed it. This particular piece is so simple yet very visually dynamic. The background is very neutral even with so many contrasting hues of grey and white. The different shaped lions provide depth and give the only "color" to the piece. Lastly, I think that the entire piece was framed particularly well with the white foliage in the bottom and black outlines of lettering up above. Not to mention that this is on a newspaper dispenser! All in all, I think this piece has a lot of things going on and every piece of it is executed perfectly, at least from a stenciler's point of view.

1 comment:

Excaliborn7 said...

The picture isn't coming up here.